With so many advancements happening in the technology world, it is very hard to keep up with the new technologies that are coming up each day.
It is very important to know about these emerging technologies as they determine the competitive stance of many organizations. To help you stay updated, here’s a list of the best technology books you must give a read to!
- 1 1. The Future Is Faster Than You Think: How Converging Technologies Are Transforming Business, Industries, and Our Lives
- 2 2. Competing in the Age of AI: Strategy and Leadership when Algorithms and Networks Run the World
- 3 3. Tools and Weapons: The Promise and the Peril of the Digital Age
- 4 4. Digital: The New Code of Wealth
- 5 5. Soonish: Ten Emerging Technologies That’ll Improve and/or Ruin Everything
- 6 6. Agricultural Internet of Things and Decision Support for Smart Farming
- 7 7. AI & You: How to Think, Transform, and Thrive in an Artificial Intelligence Future
- 8 8. Blockchain 2035: The Digital DNA of Internet 3.0
- 9 9. The Power of Experiments: Decision Making in a Data-Driven World
- 10 10. Cybersecurity Is Everybody’s Business: Solve the Security Puzzle for Your Small Business and Home
1. The Future Is Faster Than You Think: How Converging Technologies Are Transforming Business, Industries, and Our Lives
By Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler
This book gives knowledge about the best technology to learn for the future. This book focuses on the changes every industry, business, society and even your life will go through in the next decade due to the rapid advancements in technology.
Diamandis and Kotler give a thoroughly researched view of the future of the industries and the businesses. This may help entrepreneurs, CEOs, and leaders to plan and prepare for the future.
2. Competing in the Age of AI: Strategy and Leadership when Algorithms and Networks Run the World
By Marco Iansiti and Karim R. Lakhani
This is hands-down the best book for artificial intelligence. It shows the best technology to learn for the future is Artificial Intelligence.
By incorporating AI in your business, you can break the traditional constraints that have restricted the growth of many businesses in the past.
AI-driven processes allow a massive increase in scope and have a wide-scale which helps companies to make accurate predictions, create opportunities on a large scale and shatter traditional industry boundaries.
3. Tools and Weapons: The Promise and the Peril of the Digital Age
By Brad Smith, Carol Ann Browne
One of the best technology books for you to read, Tools and Weapons gives an insight into how the digitization of everything comes as a blessing but brings potential risks along.
Microsoft president Brad Smith believes that it becomes your responsibility to help the world address what you’ve created, once when your technology starts to change it.
Thus, in this book, Brad Smith and Carol Ann Browne show us how one of the most leading tech companies came across unforeseen challenges such as privacy, cybercrime, and breach of cybersecurity and how it tackled them.
4. Digital: The New Code of Wealth
By Joshua J Omojuwa
In his book, Joshua presents a data-based analysis of how information and digital technology holds many economic opportunities for those who want to explore its potential.
It is one of the best information technology books in which he tells all about technology and its rise in Africa and how African startups have flourished in the past.
He also focuses on how technology can be used in socio-political contexts to stand against corruption and gender inequality.
5. Soonish: Ten Emerging Technologies That’ll Improve and/or Ruin Everything
By Kelly Weinersmith and Zach Weinersmith
Noted researcher Dr. Kelly Weinersmith and celebrated cartoonist Zach Weinersmith give us an illustration of what lies in the future through their book.
They interviewed scientists who are developing these technologies and cover everything from nuclear fusion-powered toasters to robot swarms.
Out of all information technology books, this one should definitely be on your list as it is a smart, funny and witty compilation of all the new technologies that are awaited by us.
6. Agricultural Internet of Things and Decision Support for Smart Farming
By Annamaria Castrignano, Buttafuoco G., Khosla R., Mouazen A.
For all those who love agriculture and would love to explore new agricultural technologies, this book is a blessing.
It describes how key enabling technologies associated with data mining, remote and proximal sensing, decision making, agronomic management, and automation can be integrated into one system to give revolutionary results in the field of agriculture.
Data science proves to be a powerful resource for extracting meaningful insights from big data and using them to increase productivity and decrease loss. This book tells us how it can be used in agricultural advancement.
7. AI & You: How to Think, Transform, and Thrive in an Artificial Intelligence Future
Raj Ramesh, PhD
This is undoubtedly the best book for artificial intelligence. AI will cover all aspects of life in the near future.
Raj Ramesh in his book gives all details about AI techniques and its applications and also ways in which we can adapt to this AI-driven world. By understanding these ways, we can thrive easily in the future and gain a competitive edge over others.
8. Blockchain 2035: The Digital DNA of Internet 3.0
By Jared Tate, Andrew Knapp
Due to rapid innovation, the monetary and information systems of the late 20th and 21st centuries will decline and eventually get disrupted in the coming decade.
The internet will become an insecure place and thus, it would be needed to redefine the bases of commerce and governance. Blockchain technology gives a way to rebuild the rules on which both the monetary system and the internet works on.
This technology will affect everything from business, to the government to even technologies like Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things and thus, is the best technology to learn for the future.
One of the best books on this growing technology, written by an intelligence analyst and founder of a battle-tested blockchain, covers all technical and political impacts that this technology will have and how it will change the world.
9. The Power of Experiments: Decision Making in a Data-Driven World
By Michael Luca and Max H. Bazerman
A set of experiments known as randomized controlled trials are designed to test how a user is impacted by different online experiences.
Every company now runs such experiments on its users to gather data and then make decisions based on it. Luca and Bazerman from Harvard Business school, outline how data-driven tests can affect big businesses and their rise in the industry.
Uber, eBay, Alibaba, etc had used this experimentation which led to their massive success.
10. Cybersecurity Is Everybody’s Business: Solve the Security Puzzle for Your Small Business and Home
By Scott N Schober, Craig W Schober
Scott Schober was himself hacked once. Through his book, he tries to make more people aware of his mistakes and how they need to be more careful as cybercrime is increasing every day.
This book also focuses on small businesses that need to be protected from theft, breaches, malware spying, and phishing attacks. He urges everyone to consider cybersecurity as their business.
You must go through these books at least once to know all about technology, its impact on daily lives and its scope in the future. With advancing technology, you can advance your knowledge as well. These technology books are highly recommended for IT professionals, entrepreneurs and researchers as these could help them perform better in their professions.
Also Read: Best Parenting Books for New Parents